Looking to lose weight? You want to look good in your bikini? Then do not hesitate to include moringa to your daily diet. If you want to know all about the benefits of this herb and how to prepare it, read this article.
Moringa: losing weight nutritionally
Moringa is a tree that grows in tropical climates which leaves are extracted for consumption because they possess many medicinal properties, among which are their slimming effects.
Also, the scientific research that has been done so far about this plant ensures that its consumption is safe for most people.
Moringa properties for weight loss
- It is a natural cleanser
- Regulates intestinal transit through its high fiber content
- It causes satiety instantly, helping to avoid bingeing
- It has a lot of vitamin B, which helps the body convert fat into energy
- Accelerates the metabolic process
- It is a natural antioxidant
- It produces an energetic sense of wellbeing, avoiding the anxiety that leads us to eat voraciously
- It is very low in calories
Other medicinal properties of moringa
As we mentioned above, moringa leaves provide multiple benefits to health, so much so that it is often called the “tree of life”. Among its medicinal properties can be found:
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improves the functioning of the circulatory system
- Controls the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Regenerates the cellular structure
- It provides energy
- Improves the appearance of the skin and prevents wrinkles
- Promotes liver and kidney function
- Treats anemia
How to consume moringa?
Moringa can be consumed in various ways. Its leaves can be eaten raw or cooked, while they can be dried to be consumed as a powder. You can also eat their seeds.
1. Moringa powder
You can eat moringa in breakfast, mixing half a teaspoon of moringa powder with oatmeal and honey. You can also consume it in salads, sprinkling moringa powder like a condiment. In addition you can also sprinkle it on foods that are already cooked (note that you should not cook moringa powder because it loses its nutritional properties). Finally, you can add moringa powder to fruit juices and smoothies.
2. Moringa leaves
You can eat them fresh in salads or you can also prepare other foods with them. In this sense, moringa leaves can be used to prepare omelets, biscuits or cakes, among others. Give free rein to your creativity and use moringa leaves in any way you choose.
3. Moringa seeds
To consume moringa seeds, you must first peel them until you can see their white center. You can eat them with water like a capsule or in soups as if they were peas.
It is generally argued that moringa has no contra effects. However, like everything else, this plant should be consumed in moderation because its excessive use could cause nausea, heartburn, or sleep loss.
Moreover, while the moringa is actually very beneficial to health, it is not a magic plant so it must be supplemented with a healthy diet and exercise if you’re looking to lose weight.
Now that you know all about this exotic plant, try incorporating it into your diet to lose weight.