Earache is one of the strongest and annoying pains that can affect a person. It occurs for various reasons, from infections and inflammations such as otitis, up to an extension of a severe toothache.
Because this is a very sensitive area, our recommendation is to treat earache with remedies made naturally to relieve pain effectively without adverse effects.
It is important that, although in this note we will show you how to prepare home remedies to treat earache, this does not preclude in any way the doctor’s visit. Note that, depending on the cause, the earache may become more severe and it may develop more serious conditions. In this sense, when you feel earache, the first thing you should do is to consult your otolaryngologist.
Natural remedies for earache
These remedies to treat earache are solely and exclusively made with natural ingredients that are inexpensive and easy to get.
1. Remedy based on olive oil and garlic
This remedy is very effective in treating earache because olive oil lubricates the ear canal and garlic helps to reduce pain caused by infections.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Peel the garlic clove and crush it
- Put the garlic in a tablespoon with olive oil
- Heat the spoon on a stove. When the emulsion is warm, remove from heat
- Dip a piece of cotton with the emulsion of olive oil and garlic
- Place the cotton over the ear without pressing. If it is hot, wait before placing it in the ear expects until it’s lukewarm
- Repeat this process twice a day until the earache is gone
2. Remedy based on mullein and olive oil
As we mentioned above, olive oil helps to treat earache because it lubricates the ear canal. In this case, its combination with mullein flower is very effective because these flowers have anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried leaves of mullein
- 100 ml of water
- Place the dried leaves of mullein in 100 ml of water to moisten and let it stand for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes have past filter to remove the leaves and store the water
- Dip a piece of cotton with the water and with a little of olive oil
- Squeeze the cotton to avoid excess fluid
- Place it on the ear without pressing
- Repeat this procedure in the morning and at night until the pain has completely disappeared
3. Remedy based on sesame oil
Sesame oil is well suited to treat earache because it contains a type of fat that works as an analgesic and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 2 drops of sesame oil
- 1 dropper, preferably
- Heat the sesame oil until it is warm
- Then put a drop of sesame oil in one ear, wait for the drop in to it and place a drop in the other ear (in order the measure is perfect, it is better to use a dropper)
- Repeat this process three times a day until the earache is gone.
Try these natural remedies to treat earache but please consult your doctor.